Friday, December 2, 2011

Gift Wrapping






Today
 I found a wire basket,
 a tin box
 and 
some vintage linens
 to use for
 Christmas
 gift 
wrap.

I'm continuing to amass my ephemera:
book pages
sheet music
and some lovely items I must keep secret
until the family gift wrap competition is complete.


So much fun to use these
 timeworn and repurposed treasures
 to hold my little Christmas surprises!



There are so many sweet ways to wrap your gifts . . . 

think cloth:
antique pillowcases
crocheted tablecloth
burlap and twine

or,
containers:
woven baskets
reusable fabric totebags
wooden boxes
wire bins

or,
recycled boxes:
any kind, 
upholstered in fabric
or recycled papers,
tied with live evergreens and 
vintage Christmas ornaments
or old linens and laces




We're attempting to avoid the commercial
wrappings
and
 use what's on hand
and
 lovely 
and 
earth concious
and 
thoughtful



what fun!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I need a wire basket just like the one in that photo if you ever come across one - or something similar. I need something I can attach to the wall to hold the kids homework folders and papers that go back and forth all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellie - that one is available, and you might talk me out of it! Loved your blog about spray painting at
    http://mysocalledgreenlife .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...