Monday, April 25, 2011

Springtime





It's late
 and rain is tinkling against my windows
and
 I'm appreciating this weather . . . 

The grass will be
 greener 
in the morning

and April showers
 will bring
 May
 flowers

and it will feel so nice to snuggle
under the covers
when I get to my bed

not really cold . . . 
not
worrying about the pipes freezing
kinda cold . . . 

just,
pulling up the covers 

and
wearing a favorite sweater to work
 tomorrow
sort of
 chilly 



enjoying a second 
cup of coffee
sort of chilly 

knowing we'll be hot and sticky
enough this summer
and being
happy 
that 
we can 
have
 this little
cool spell
to think back on

and appreciate
 Spring!

A little rain
 trickling down
 and
 pulling on socks
and 
snuggling
 up

waiting
 for the flowers
 to bloom



yeah . . . 

2 comments:

  1. ahh lovely Joy... I am there....

    Pat♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love this time of year Pat? I like the cool, the rain, the fog, the changes - every morning I see something new . . . some blossom, some budding and leafing . . . heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...