Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Contentment", Said Grandmother




Contented New Year!

Yes

I wish you contentment!

My grandmother used to say that it was all in how you looked at life.


There is something to be said for that state where you look around you and smile
and know that 
no matter 
what's still on your
 bucket list
or
how many home improvements need to be accomplished
you are indeed
 blessed and content 
to be living at a level
 high above most of the world

in a country where we can 

 worship

vote

purchase property

buy groceries

attend public school

express our opinions over the internet

cuddle our children 

choose a radio station

use the library

and 
have our mail delivered







I am happy to be loved and to have friends.

I'm happy 
 to have 

hot running water and indoor plumbing and electricity

to be warm and protected from the elements

to be able to cozy up with a book and my tea and cookies

to have a phone and a computer and a car and work I love.

I'm delighted
to get to buy a new coat and mittens,
and
to give  Christmas presents to those whom I love.

I am blessed to be able to support those causes I believe in.

I'm at a peaceful place of recognizing that I have
 little to
 complain about
 or 
long for



SO,


while
I pray that you enjoy 
that rollicking
 feel good
 laughing till you can't breathe
stitch in the side
gasping
giggling
euphoria
that
comes along once in awhile






What I think is even more significant
and 
essential to our long term
 peace of mind
is
that 
deep, cognizant sense of 
being content 
with all that we have

Thanks Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...