Friday, July 10, 2009

Gratitude

This beautiful July day began with an early morning walk through my neighborhood. I try to walk 3 or more mornings a week, and the earlier I get my day started, the happier I am. There is little traffic at 5:30 in the morning, and there are few distractions from my hour of meditation and prayer, and communion with my creator.
I am always delighted to see the wildlife and the dewy grasses and blossoms, and to breathe in fresh air . . . . and feel the soft, rising sunshine warming my skin. I have time to focus on what's truly important in life, before the schedule of the day takes over.
This is one of those days that I feel the presence of God, and am happy to give thanks for those precious little moments when I can spend time enjoying Him.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...